Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Operation: Christmas Child

Every year for several years I have put together a shoebox for Operation: Christmas Child. It's always felt good to know that I could help make a poor little child who has nothing, smile an extra big smile on Christmas day. Last year has been the greatest so far! I took my 3 year old son shopping for the shoebox gifts and he was SO excited. It was the first year he understood what we were doing. He decided he would fill a box for a boy his age and I would fill a box for a girl. He put everything he liked into the cart and was very disappointed when I explained that we couldn't fit ALL the toys into a shoebox, especially a $200 two foot dinosaur. He sorted out his favorites and we got creative to fit it all in. It was so amazing to see how excited he was. I was a little afraid that he would think he could keep it all when we got home but he knew exactly what we were doing and it warmed my mother's heart to see him share the love of Christ and the spirit of Christmas. If you've never done this before I highly recommend it! Especially if you have children; what a way to teach them how demonstrate compassion. For more stories on what Operation: Christmas Child has meant to others click the button below. For more information on how to participate or to find a drop off location near you click on the title of this post.

your life your blog

No comments:

Post a Comment